Replacing a Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger? And Have the Model Number?
by Dan Jacobs, August 8, 2020
Replacing a Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger? Whether you’re dealing with an old TACO or Bell & Gossett unit, give us the model number and serial number to your heat exchanger and 9/10 times we can replace it! If you’ve dealt with Shell & Tube Heat Exchangers in the past, you know that the shell portion of the Heat Exchanger can last 40+ years. You are also aware that the tubes and bundles usually cannot. When these bundles fail, the typical customer cannot wait 8-10 weeks for the OEM to get the requisite part manufactured and sent back. Capital Coil understands that quick turn-around time is essential, so we offer both 10 & 5 day shipments 12 months/year.
There are 3 main types of shell & tube heat exchangers:
- “U” Tube heat exchangers where it is possible to remove the entire bundle
- Fixed tube heat exchangers where the tube sheet are welded to the shell and stationary and the bundle is not removable
- Floating tube heat exchangers where one tube sheet is fixed and the other floats axially. This tube bundle is also removable.
So what information do we require to get started on your replacement Heat Exchanger or Tubes & Bundles? As mentioned, if you have the model #, in most cases, we should be able to cross-reference that unit from our product library. Send that information to our sales department, and a member of our team will get back to you with a quote – simple as that. In the rare cases when we cannot cross-reference your model number, we can provide blank drawings that specify what measurements we need and where they’re located on the unit. Please see our product pages on REPLACEMENT TUBE BUNDLES and SHELL & TUBE HEAT EXCHANGERS for product specifications and blank product drawings.
Capital Coil has extensive expertise at replacing bundles and heat exchangers for emergency situations. We can easily get you information on performance, design and cost. Please give us a call for your next job. We look forward to working with on your next opportunity.
- Tube Bundles and Heat Exchangers
- Top 10 Hints For Replacing Tube Bundles In U-Tube Exchangers
- Did You Know? Shell & Tube Heat Exchanger FAQ’s