Are You Asking Your Coil Supplier These Questions?
by Dan Jacobs, November 14, 2017
- Are you 100% protected on jobs? Unless you’re one of our reps, you most assuredly, are not. Not only are you probably NOT protected on all projects by your supplier, but you’re probably competing against your supplier if/when they decide to bid the job direct. Call us old fashioned, but that’s just not the way we do business.
- Is your coil manufacturer building coils with a 3 week standard lead time like Capital Coil? Most companies build coils with a standard 4-5 week lead time. Why lose out on a job because your supplier refuses to change to meet your timetable?
- Are the coils you’re buying AHRI certified? If they’re not, you know you’re not dealing with a real manufacturer and probably just a broker slapping their stickers on someone else’s coil. AHRI certification allows you to sell more products, win bids, differentiate yourselves from competitors, comply with government requirements, and meet current engineering standards. Look at the website, and if you do not immediately seeing the certification, that should raise immediate red flags.
- Is your coil supplier exhibiting at the AHR Show 2018 in Chicago? We are a regular at the show and look forward to face-to-face time with all of our customers. Not only is it a great way to meet and catch-up with existing customers, it is also beneficial in gaining new business for our representatives. Are you receiving the amount of qualified leads that you should?
- Are you receiving quotes and a full submittal package within the same hour? With every job, but especially in emergency replacement conditions, you deserve a fast response on every job. Pricing does no good sitting on a manufacturer’s desk or e-mail for 2 days.
- Has your coil supplier shut down all quick ships for long periods of time? Do you think you are going to get a second look the next time someone needs their equipment quickly? Probably not.
- Does your coil supplier have a library of model numbers to cross-reference? Generally speaking, most folks would rather not have to crawl up on a rooftop, especially during the winter, in order to measure a coil. Wouldn’t it be easier and a time-saver if your manufacturer could duplicate your coil by having the model information on file? We have a very large library of coils we’ve built in the past and can match up to your Carrier, Trane, or Daikin coils.
- Are you dealing with owners of the company on a daily basis? Or are you dealing with neophyte kids who just don’t know the industry? Unforeseen problems could arise on any job. Are you able to get the ownership on the phone that minute to help resolve your problem, or do you need to pull them off the golf course? When dealing with Capital Coil, you have access to CCA’s ownership every single day.
- Does your supplier offer a full menu of options? Capital Coil offers all tube diameters, materials and coatings to meet almost any specification.
- Are you able to get your approval drawings quickly when you land an order? A 5 day quick ship isn’t exactly quick if it takes 2 days to get a drawing. Why pay that premium for what really is a 7-8 day quick ship after the drawing is made up?
The six most dangerous words in business are “We’ve always done business that way”. Don’t fall victim to dwindling business because you are used to dealing with a company that does business like it’s 1994. If your current supplier isn’t fulfilling all 10 of these easy points, then please give Capital Coil a chance on your next project. We look forward to working with you!